City Clerk, Melanie Halas
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for the majority of the City's record keeping and official tasks. Here's a few of the vital responsibilities of the office:
- Accepts applications from residents who want to serve on boards and committees.
- Provides birth and death certificates.
- Conducts elections, registers voters and maintains voter records.
- Issues solicitation permits, Dream Cruise permits, special event permits, etc.
Many of the forms and applications are available online.
- Provides dog licenses and bike licenses
- Licenses new businesses and taxis.
- Maintains the Peddler's Do Not Knock Registry.
- Posts notices and takes minutes of official city meetings.
- Processes and manages Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Keeps official city records.
To learn more about what the office does, click on one of the links at left. If you can't find what you are looking for, contact us.
Office Hours: Mon - Thu, 8 am - 4:30pm; Fridays, 8:00am-Noon
1st floor City Hall
211 S Williams St
Royal Oak MI 48067